Physical therapy is an ideal option for people who are living with chronic pain
What to expect for my first visit?
Upon your arrival at our office, you will register at our front office. For a physical therapy evaluation, we will email you our intake form prior to your first scheduled visit. If you are unable to fill out the forms at home, please arrive 15 min early to your first visit.
Your first appointment will be approximately 75 minutes and consist of a review of your past and present medical history, a movement assessment, hands-on treatment, and education in corrective exercises. Athletic clothing is most appropriate for evaluation and any additional treatment sessions.
Your movement, strength, technique, and much more will be assessed during your appointment. Our goal is to help you, so please make sure that you communicate with our therapist if anything hurts or bothers you during the examination!
Our physical therapist will recommend and prepare a customized course of treatment to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Some treatments will be performed on the first day to get you started on the road to recovery. However, you will get to the full swing of your treatment plan during the next visit.
After your therapist has finished, you will schedule a series of visits at the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be dependent upon the advice of your therapist, and will also be discussed with you at your first visit.
Your therapist will write their findings and develop your home exercise program. The key to success is being consistent with your program. Please provide feedback by messaging us via the “PtEverywhere” app if you have questions or concerns in between visits.
We offer a lot of convenient appointment times, but prime times can be busy, so it’s best to book ahead as much as possible.
If you have any questions about Patient info or anything at any time, please do not hesitate to call. We want to ensure you are satisfied and have a complete recovery.
How can I prepare for my first appointment?
- Please be sure to check your email prior to your first visit. You will receive a link to sign-up for your client dashboard on “PtEverywhere”.
- Be sure to fill out our “New Physical Therapy Patient Intake Packet” prior to your first visit.
- At the bottom of this email you will find a link to download the “PtEverywhere” app. Your therapist will review the app with you during the initial visit.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing that will allow for movement. Workout clothes are ideal.
- Our office is located at 805 N 4th Street in Wilmington. There is on-street parking available. We are part of a shared use building. Please enter the building to the left of the salon. You will see signage for “Change The Game”. Walk straight down the hallway to our office suite.
- Payment is due at time of service. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards including flexible spending account cards (FSA).
We’re here at Change The Game Performance Therapy to help you make the most of your visit, whatever that may mean to you – contact us today!